Monday, February 26, 2007

The Idea Across the Walls of my Heart

I HAVE ALWAYS VIEWED MYSELF AS AN IDEA! I see myself as a star that shines and lights that village by the valleys of River Chania. My childhood was lived in the valleys of Ngethu where I attended nursery school and my early years of primary school. Dad used to take my brother and I to the roaring waters of Chania river early in the morning. You can still hear the sounds and the roaring of river Chania as you walk down the valley by father's house. During our forefathers' heroic and enduring struggles, the Chania's waters cleansed their sweating and bruised bodies, including my grandfather; Sebastian Muiruri who fought for the independence of Kenya. Our women fetched its waters, sweet waters that fed a lifetime.

I CAN STILL SEE my grandmother sitted on her three legged stool (njung’ua) telling us folk stories whilst blowing into the pipe to keep the fire lit. Then she would remove the hot sufuria (cooking pan) with her bear hands and serve us tea in very huge mugs. As a child I decided that it is better to live in this life than to merely observe amidst the wind, literally. I would stand in a way that I could not see any part of my body, just to see how the world is beautiful and imagine that I was not there. I was less than five years old then, and I felt it was better to be in the world and be part of nature’ beauty.

AT 27...I AM AT MY BEST with no apologies. I find myself right on track literally by the years with the personal dreams that befriended me, the dreams that due to my past could only be shared with my parents and close friends. Now the future is here and I feel the need to confirm the foundations of my life in order to live my dreams. First of all identity is everything. I am a Pan-African, a kikuyu and Ngethu star. My cultural beliefs are central to my personal development.

IN THIS LIFE, I intend to move mountains and be one of life’s greatest success stories; at least to my people. We shape our realities with our dreams, hopes and aspirations. I am an idea that turned into hope, then belief and now conviction. Always knowing I am winning even when seemingly losing, being passionate, finding laughter and smiling with my eyes, giving hope to all and showing my heart to all, having the confidence and courage at all times and looking into everyone eyes is what it will take. Most of all believing in God and acknowledging the love and protection he has always accorded me will light the path I create. Love is the greatest gift that God gives to all, Love is that which God fills on earth through us in order that we share. GOD IS LOVE!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home