Thursday, July 13, 2006

Head Over Heels

Today I turned my Thesis on its head! Yes You Heard me!! I knew that my thesis and the way I look at it will change as time goes on. However I never knew this would happen so soon. Having written two chapters, I find that its better to have my second chapter as my first and vice-versa. And guess what? I love the way its going.

I attended a party the other day held by one of my friends who is going to settle in Kenya and I have nothing but admiration. At the party, I met a Rwandese girl whose people underwent the cruelty of the 1994 Rwandan Genocide and which forms the inspiration of my Thesis. I have not felt so moved in a long time and I felt in complete oneness with her. The fact that 500,000 to one Million of her people were slaughtered in 100 days was so profound to her that she desires to study international law. Now am even sure that I am not alone. Still, we now look at Sudan and see Rwanda only that the numbers are not high enough for ‘Hotel Darfur.’

A lot of things are going through my heart and soul. I can feel all my beliefs principles and all that I stand for in this life coming together. At the same time I am now heads over heels, it’s an amazing feeling with so much excitement and uncertainty with nature taking course as the only guarantee.